Simple Steps to Organise a Table Top
Doing a Table Top is a great way to give your representative earnings a boost. It is a great opportunity to find new customers and increase your business locally. All the tips I am going to give you could equally use when doing an Open House, School Fete, Party, Ladies Night or Fundraiser.
This is a picture of my Table Top stall that I did at a Ladies Night in Northwich.
Simple Steps to Organise a Table Top:
- Check what is going on locally – use the paper, Google or ask around. There is always something going on all year around.
- Work out what products you want to take. You will probably have an “Avon Stash” (if you are like me) – of returns, products that you’ve brought for yourself on a good deal etc. I don’t recommend buying in lots of extras – but just have a small selection of products. As it is local – people can order from your brochure – you can then deliver.
- Get organised with “Brochure Packs” for potential customers to take away.
- Brochure – put your details on the back cover
- A couple of order forms – with your details on them
- A couple of samples – I find a perfume and mini-lipstick work well.
- A little note to introduce yourself or a newsletter. Perhaps put an introductory offer in.
- Put all the above in an Avon Brochure bag (the clear snappy bags)
- Get everything for the stall ready :-
- A table cloth
- Plenty of pens (for people who want to write orders there and then)
- “Brochure Packs” – see point 3
- A money tin/tray with small change
- Business cards – so that potential customers can take your details
- If you are running a raffle/prize draw – organise that
- A bowl of sweets (optional) for the table – perhaps some balloons or festive decorations.
- Price Labels or Notes
- Perhaps wear an Avon T-Shirt or have a name badge on
- At the event be happy, positive and enthusiastic. Talk to other stall holders too – make sure as many people take away your brochure packs as possible.
My TOP tip – Don’t over-complicate it that you end up getting stressed or worst still do nothing. Just make sure that you’ve got a few products on display and you’ve got plenty of brochures (with pens and order forms) for all your new potential customers. Remember your smile and you’ll be fine.