Top Tips for Selling AVON to Men
I know some men are more “metrosexual” than others. As a man, you don’t need to be into grooming….but you do need to use products such as Shaving Gel, Deodorant and Shampoo. I am sure that it’s not every man’s dream perusing the “Cosmetics Aisles” in the High Street….sometimes you just want a simple, low fuss approach to buying your toiletries.
As an AVON Representative, you want to reach as many customers as you can….whether they be male or female. Yes, it is easier to sell to women, that’s clear. However, you don’t want to miss selling AVON to men…as it’s a lucrative and relatively untapped market.
Check my earlier post on the great range of AVON For Men. It does help if you know a bit about the product range.
Ideas for Selling AVON to Men
- If you are having an AVON open house – why not tell your customers to bring their men along – whether that be husbands, partners or sons. It’s a great way to meet them.
- Highlight that buying with AVON is much more discreet and no stress compared to the High Street. Perhaps do a small feature in a customer newsletter or mention it when you see men.
- Why not get men to buy presents for their wives/girlfriends/mother from the AVON brochure. Again, this is a stress free and simple way for them to get great products delivered FREE to the door. It will take away the burden of them scouring the High Street – plus they’ve got you – their personal beauty advisor to ask advice on “What a Woman May want” to save purchasing a potentially embarrassing/unwanted present.
- Pop a post-it note or fold over the pages in the brochure where men’s products are.
- Give a man a compliment – followed by a recommendation of an AVON Product. For Example: “Tony, your hair looks great – We’ve got a great Hair putty that would work really well for you”
Where to Leave the Brochure
- In workplaces – not just where “lots of women work” but perhaps where you are more likely to find men. It gives them something new and entertaining to read.
- The pub – this is another great place to find men!
- In waiting rooms like at the garage – this is another place where men may pick up the brochure for a browse.